An "ideal" diet for a pregnant or breastfeeding woman is simply a varied, balanced, natural diet. Unfortunately the food that we eat today contain far fewer nutrients than they did 20 years ago.
Vital vitamins and minerals have dramatically declined in some of our most popular foods. Modern farming methods, long-haul transportation and crop-breeding practices are contributing to the drop in vitamins and minerals. In order to eat a balanced diet of all required nutrients and minerals, we will have to eat 12.6kg of food in a day!!
Nutritional Supplementation makes perfect sense!
Choose natural supplements in liquid or drink form that are complete and balanced. Bio-availability and the synergistic effects of combined ingredients must be a priority. Avoid synthetic vitamins as they are chemical preparations.
Nutritional Supplements for Pregnant and Nursing women
Most new mothers in their ‘confinement period’ are very likely to be consuming an imbalanced diet (with lots of meat, carbohydrate and ginger!) They do not consume enough fruits and vegetables, which will lead to many health problems.
The main reason many mothers gave up breastfeeding is because of exhaustion. This is true especially when the mother has not been providing her body with the vital substances (vitamins and minerals) it needs to generate sustained energy.
For pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, I personally recommend ‘FITLINE’ – a high quality nutritional supplement from Germany. It’s in powder form, to be mixed with water into a refreshing, delicious cocktail. This ensures the bio-availability of the nutrients and vital substances and also ensure that your body gets enough liquid to produce better quality milk!
Contact me for more information
My Personal Sharing
I am a mother of 4 kids. Before Fitline, although I have been taking supplements since 1998, I was sick all the time. I was constantly tired, irritable and suffered from severe migraine headaches. I was also severely constipated to the point that I move my bowels only once every 5-7 days. (The longest time was 16 days!)
Being sick all the time took its toll. I was not able to take care of my children properly. I gained a lot of weight and my complexion was peppered with acne! Needless to say, I do not feel happy with my appearance and self-esteem plunged!
I started taking FitLine Cell Energy Set in July 2003. I started feeling the difference from Day One. After finishing one whole set, I was very confident that the changes I noticed were real and not a figment of my imagination.
1. I took painkillers almost everyday for my migraine, but soon after Fitline, I realized that the frequency and intensity of the migraine attacks decrease. In fact I seldom suffer an attack nowadays.
2. I started moving my bowels regularly. Unlike some 'herbal help' I have taken before, I do not experience those unpleasant cramping feelings. It just felt natural, and smooth. Now, I move my bowels at least twice a day!
3. My resistance to infections and colds improved. I used to get tonsils’ infection 3 – 4 times a year, but not anymore! In fact i had not touched any antibiotics for the past few years!
4. My energy level increased tremendously. I no longer feel so tired, lethargic and irritable. Most importantly, I am able to take care of my kids, be a mother to them. Now, I exercise almost everyday with them! We go to the park and playground and even hiking!
5. My skin improved beautifully. My nails and hair too look better and healthier.
6. I lost weight naturally, (from 62kg after my 4th baby to a healthy 50kg now) without going on a diet. Of course I have changed my eating habits and exercising regularly.
I have been taking the Fitline Cell Energy Set in addition to Fitline Co-Enzyme Q10 and Fitline Omega 3 oil since 2003. I feel great and many of my friends have commented that I look younger than before! That's great news to me as a Mother!